- 1 1/2 cup (180 grams) all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices bacon, crisply cooked, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup butter, frozen
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- Heat the oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt, bacon and rosemary.
- Using a grater with large holes shred the frozen butter over the flour mixture and with a fork, toss to coat. Add the leftover mashed potatoes and buttermilk and stir just until soft dough forms.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and place it on a floured working surface and give it a gently knead. Keep in mind that the more you knead, the tougher the biscuits will turn.
- With your fingers, flatten the dough to a 3/4″ thickness.
- With a floured 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter, cut out biscuits and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Gently knead the leftover dough, flatten it out and cut few more biscuits.
- Bake the biscuits into the preheated oven for about 13-15 minutes or until light golden brown.