- 2 (Vidalia) onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices of uncooked bacon, roughly chopped
- 8 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2/3 cup Jarlsberg cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Applewood smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup Asiago cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- Heat a skillet over low flame. Add the finely sliced onion, minced garlic and chopped bacon. Add a pinch of salt and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until the onions are softened get a golden brown color.
- While the onions are cooking, in a medium sized bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the heavy cream. Stir in the cheeses and season with salt and pepper. Keep in mind that the cheese and bacon are salty so add just a pinch.
- As soon as the onions turn golden brown, slowly pour the cheese-egg mixture in the hot pan and let cook, stirring only once, for 5-7 minutes or until the edges are set.
- Remove the skillet from the store, place it in the hot oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes or until the eggs are set and puffed up.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and using an omelet turner gently lift the wedges to serve.