- 6 oz bittersweet chocolate (60%), chopped
- 10 Tbsp unsalted butter, diced into pieces
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Fresh strawberries or raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-inch springform pan, line bottom with a round of parchment paper and butter paper.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate with butter on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring well between increments until melted and smooth. Whisk in granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla and salt until well combined, about 1 minute. Add eggs and whisk until well blended, about 1 minute. Sift in cocoa powder and stir until combined. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, smooth top into an even layer and bake in preheated 20 – 25 minutes (mine was perfect at 22). Allow to cool, then cut into slices and serve with whipped cream or ice cream and optional fresh fruit. Store cooled cake in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 3 days.
- For the optional sweetened whipped cream:
- In a mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whip heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Store in refrigerator.