- 4 large flatbreads (about 30cm /12 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup enchilada sauce (preferably homemade, here is myEasy Classic Enchilada Sauce)
- 1½ cups shredded cooked Pork Carnitas (Mexican Shredded Pork), chicken or any other protein of your choice
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ cup corn kernels (canned or frozen)
- ½ cup red capsicum (Bell peppers), diced
- 4 shallots / scallions, finely sliced (or ½ red spanish onion, diced)
- 1½ cups grated mozzarella cheese (or any good melting cheese)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley or coriander/cilantro, finely chopped (optional – for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 220C/430F. You want the oven screaming hot!
- Optional (but not really…): Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a fry pan over high heat. Add pork carnitas (or whatever protein you are using) and use a spatula to press down to make the bottom golden and crispy. Do not flip. When it is golden and crispy, remove from pan and set aside.
- Divide the enchilada sauce between each flatbread and spread evenly.
- Top with shallots / scallions.
- Scatter over the pork carnitas, corn kernels, capsicum then lastly the cheese.
- Get 2 baking trays and place 2 pizzas on each.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, alternating trays halfway. The pizza is ready when the cheese is melted and starting to bubble.
- Remove from oven, scatter with parsley or coriander (if using), then cut into wedges and serve.