- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 cups powder sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- few drops of water
- Heat the oven to 375F. Grease Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the eggs and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on medium to low speed until thick and pale in color.
- Lower the mixer’s speed and stir in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices.
- Gently fold in the all purpose flour and baking powder.
- Divide the batter between the 12 cavities and bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool for 5-10 minutes in the pan before inverting the pan and cool the donuts completely.
- To make the icing, in a mixing bow add the powder sugar and vanilla extract. Slowly, about 1/2 teaspoon at a time, add enough water to make a thick but spreadable paste.
- Top each donut with a little icing and decorate with sprinkles.